My eyes are dark red last 3weeks. We met 3 doctors.they advised to use betnesol,refresh tears, gentle gel,acular Ls vigamix. Slightly improvement is there. But not fully recovered. They advised to take first three another two months. Why it is taking such a along time to cure.please give me some specialist suggestion. Thank you.
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
there are many causes for redness of eyes mainly allergy, infection, inflammation and dry eyes etc.
1. Redness + itching: allergy
2. Redness + pain + watering + decreased vision: infection
3. Redness + pain: inflammation
4. Redness foreign body sensation: dryness
if there is only redness then it is normal as slight exposure to dust, temperature or air or eyes may be red in morning. Stress may also cause redness. I usually do not treat when there is only redness, you can 1. Blink a lot
2. Wash eyes with fresh water
3. Cold compresses
4. Use lubricating eye drop like flogel these measures will help to keep your eyes healthy but it will not have any effect on redness (treating general redness alone is not necessary also)
having said that you should consult local ophthalmologist for proper examination and treatment.
Betnesol is a steroid so will not advise you to use it for two months. Moreover looking at your age certain systemic conditions need to be confirmed. You are welcome for consultation at my clinic.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.