My daughter is slow

Hi my daughter is studying 3rd class but we want her to pickup the speed in hand writing n grasping and other activities , she will come from school put the bag aside n start watching tv hours together. We are very much afraid of her eyes n gain development. Pls help how to motivate her in education.

Doctor Answers (2) on My daughter is slow

Priyadarshi Srivastava Lucknow | Neuropsychiatrist
Get her Evaluated for learning disability. Consult a psychologist.
Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hi, TV is an engaging entertainment which offers virtual experiencing and can keep adults hooked save kids however adults happen to have certain commitments, descipline and alternative engagements which successfully keep them away from round the clock entertainment unlike children. Your child's like most of the children around. She enjoys TV. As her parents, you can change her present routine in multiple ways. First thing is to set a TV time which succeds the study time. TV time is her reward for studies (feel free to use any other reward here). Second aspect is to ensure that she is engaging in playtime which could be playing a game or two with other kids or one of you. After coming back from school, she can play, study and then watch tv. Third & most important aspect is to observe the way she is, in and outside home and find ways to make studies engaging and interesting for her. Among all these remember that desciplining a child and making her do what's important is detrimental however she would put her head and heart into it only if she understands what she is doing in her own way. Feel free to contact a professional to make studies more interesting for her. Good Luck.