My baby fever

My one year 2 months old son has a fever His head and stomach is very hot and his hands and foot are cold. His body temperature not exceed 101.7 . He is active but not taking food properly. Is it a normal fever ? What's the symptoms of serious illness?

Doctor Answers (1) on My baby fever

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Give your child acetaminophen. If your child is age 6 months or older, ibuprofen is OK, too. Read the label carefully for proper dosage. Don't give aspirin to an infant or toddler. Call the doctor if the fever doesn't respond to the medication or lasts longer than one day...You can try a number of things to make yourself or your child more comfortable during a fever: Drink plenty of fluids. Fever can cause fluid loss and dehydration, so drink water, juices or broth. For a child under age 1, use an oral rehydration solution. These solutions contain water and salts proportioned to replenish fluids and electrolytes. Rest. You need rest to recover, and activity can raise your body temperature. Stay cool. Dress in light clothing, keep the room temperature cool and sleep with only a sheet or light blanket....