Muscle stretching Pain
Whenever I laugh freely or stretch my mouth wide vertically, there seems to be stretch in some muscle/gland which is just below the chin. It causes immense pain temporarily and there is paralysing sensation in that part (part of body between chin and throat). What is the underlying reason? Is this dangerous?

Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hi, Gently massaging the muscle will often help it to relax, apply warmth from a heating pad or hot soak.Don't worry its not dangerous ,quite common with fatiguability , cold season . Drink lot of water , have fruits and tender coconut .