Mouth deviated

Complaints of mouth deviation towards right and numbness and stretching sensation under the tongue. It has started aftr my wisdom teeth removal done all 4 teeth and I got my rct  done. For 3 teeth.then I have to go for crowns. My dentist advised me to  go  for  metal crowns only. I am not comfortable, vertical ht less.
views-icons 38 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Mouth deviated

Hey just go back to dentist n explain your symptoms. The accurate description already given by other doctor. Whatever advise given to you by your dentist regarding crowns are for your own good. Get well soon.
How long have u been experiencing numbness?It is advisable to get back to your doctor and get to checked right away.If u have developed a swelling due to wisdom tooth removal ..it is normal to have a stretched feeling .But in some rare instances if nerves supplying your lower jaw /tongue maybe damaged at times during the procedure thereby deviation may occur.So it is advisable to consult the surgeon who did the procedure again and explain to him the same .Regarding crown sometimes when tooth structure for preparation is less dentist may advise metal crown .It will be for your own good ..so that not much of tooth structure needs to be grinded for receiving the cap.
Dr. Shilpa Bangalore | Dentist
There might be temporary nerve paralysis which might be recovered but then also once again consulr your doctor once again regarding numbness take a second opinion when height of the crown is very less we cant put the ceramic metal will be the best