Morning sneeze non-stop

Most of the mornings my mother starts sneezing and it goes on almost the whole day. Sometimes the sneezing episodes occur once in a few days, but of late, it tends to happen daily. And her nose itches even. She has difficulty in breathing too, at times. Is it an allergy? We have no idea what's causing this. We live on the ground floor and our windows open to a small plot of green land with wild plants/shrubs growing on it. Assuming that to be the problem as well as the morning chill we keep the windows closed until it's a bit warmer. That and my mom keeps a cloth tied around her face covering her nose and mouth for most of the day. This has reduced the sneezing but breathing problem still persists. When we consult a doctor they always give her an inhaler and some meds. Isn't there a permanent solution? We'd at least like to know what could be the probable causes.

Doctor Answers (1) on Morning sneeze non-stop

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, you might be having pollen or dust allergy. There is no cure for allergic rhinitis. One of the best things you can do is to avoid the things that cause your allergies. You may need to clean your house often to get rid of dust. Or you may need to stay indoors when pollen counts are high. Your doctor may do a skin test. In this test your doctor puts a small amount of an allergen into your skin to see if it causes an allergic reaction. Changing environments bring some relief. Now a days immunotherapy is done ,buts its efficacy is still in doubt.