Monthly cycle date alter

Hello doctor, I would like to know is there any way to alter  the monthly cycle date for a particular month? Does it have any side effects especially women with polycystic ovary syndrome? If there's a way, then what medication is the best suitable one? Thanks.
views-icons 36 Views Bookmark this Answer

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. The best medication in women with PCOD who need to manage period dates and look after the ovary is the combined oral contraceptive pill. The pill protects the ovary but avoiding damage from multiple unruptured follicles. It protects the lining of the womb from over proliferating - something that causes long and heavy periods with PCOD. The pill can be taken continuously without any long term effect on fertility. If you wish to delay a period you just continue one packet after another without a break. Several studies show that this is totally acceptable for three months at a time or even longer. So according to the evidence the combined oral contraceptive pill is the best medication. You may wish to see a gynaecologist who can help choose the best one for you as there are several varieties available in the market. They will also check your weight and BP every three months. hope this helps best wishes
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?