Molluscum contagiosum

Today I come to know that I'm having molluscum contagiosum in my gential area. I have been tested for HIV and VDRL test which come out to be non reactive. Please advise the path forward to get rid of this. My doctor suggest for minor surgery ...I read on the Internet that it will come back even after surgery. ..pls suggest if there is any other way around with medicine. .. Thanks Amit

Doctor Answers (1) on Molluscum contagiosum

Greetings. Molluscum contagiosum (MC) is a viral infectio that can be transmitted by sexual intercourse/close contact. Kindly take note of the same and indulge in protected practises. As far treatment of MC is concerned, you can go ahead with needling / elecro cautery of the lesions (spl care to be taken if glans penis is involved). The incidence of recurence is low and can occur with any given form of treatment. so dont worry. For any further queries, you can ask me on follow up messaging. Warm regards
see a qualified dermatologist near you
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging