Mole on face

I have a mole on my face and want to remove it. Want to know pros and cons of the methods one applies for this. The surface is uneven and it's growing gradually. How to ascertain malignancy.

Doctor Answers (1) on Mole on face

Dr. Syed Rahil Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Greetings! Thanks for your query. If you are concerned about the malignancy as the mole is growing rapidly I would suggest it to removed by surgical excision as it gives the opportunity to examine the tissue under microscope (by Dermato- pathologist) to check whether it is cancerous. Any procedure for removal of mole will lead to scarring (permanent) and hyper pigmentation (temporary). I would recommend you to see a Dermatologist who would examine the mole with Dermatoscope and in many instances this will give information about the nature of mole.
Please visit a Dermatologist for evaluation and treatment of your condition.
It is not wise to remove a benign (not cancerous) mole or other lesion on the face as most of the times the result is cosmetically unacceptable than the lesion itself.