Mole in armpit
I have had a black mole for a long time under my right armpit. It's flat and its not very small in size. A few days backs I felt some soreness in my armpit and found what felt like swelling of lymph nodes which was gone in 2 days (I don't know if it's related but I got my period the same day). But now I discover that the mole has turned painful especially on touching or stretching my arm too much. I haven't shaved underarms in a long time either which could've been a reason for the discomfort. Should I be worried?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query This presentation can be seen with many skin diseases. The best option is to consult a Dermatologist. Moles are usually benign in our country but any change in shape, size and colour should warrant an examination and needed for a biopsy.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
All the best. Avoid self-medications.