Missed periods

I got married at 34 and looking for a child from Day 1. Tried naturally for an year but could not succeed. Recently consulted gynecologist and in preliminary TVS ultrasounds everything emerged normal with no PCOD & normal TSH (I have normal cycle of 28 days), however my LH and FSH ratio are not good. Although both are in normal range FSH was towards higher end and LH towards lower end. To improve this my doctor has put me on birth control pills for three months and asked to come on Day 2 of my month 3 periods. For two months during the treatment my cycle was almost proper but in my third month it is not coming. Its been 20 days finished since I have taken my last pill but no signs of periods. I checked twice for pregnancy as well but the test is negative. Unfortunately my gynecologist is not available for one month. I am very much stressed now and dont know what to do. Is this normal?? Please explain the reason for this and what should be done till my gynecologist returns back.

Doctor Answers (2) on Missed periods

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
This is a deep seated hormonal imbalance. Only masking the symptoms with pill may not help in the long run. Pill has its own side effects. Please  read my blog on PCOS. Hope that helps.
Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist
Get a fresh ultrasound done, To rule out any ovarian cyst