Missed periods

I am missing my periods and they are due by 3 weeks for now. I got the sonography and urine test done but reports were negative and every thing seemed fine with uterus. They said I would have them in next 5 days(this is the 13th day today). I am really scared as to what could be the issue as it is already 3 weeks due.I have no record of any past problems and every regular with my menses.

Harisha N L

if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle.....it may occur in women who have anemia i.e low haemoglobin levels,diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...it may be due to poly cystic ovarian disease as well... So I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Please  read my blog on PCOS. Hope that helps.. It's not normal to have delayed period. If it happens on a regular basis, please work with a Doctor who understands hormones.