Minoxidil 2%
From tomorrow I will start using minoxidil 2% as per doctor advise. How long should I use it for? And is it true that once I stop I will lose all hair that regrew

It depends on the grade...You are suffering from hormonal changes causing Androgenetic alopecia causing hair fall. It's completely stoppable even regrowth of hair is possible with certain medications without any side effects. Treatment depends on the grade of hair loss. So, it's a must for diagnosing which grade, you are in for an effective treatment. Please  send photos of your head, by direct online consultation for accurate diagnosis and proper treatment.
It will take minimum 3-4 months to see the response. If the cause of your hair loss is hormonal then hair will be maintained as long as you apply minoxidil and hair loss may reoccur after  stopping it. But if it's not hormonal and underlying cause is treated hair loss won't occur after stopping minoxidil.