Mind unsustainable
When I drink alcohol or take anti depression pills I feel more energetic and my mind works good. Am I alcoholic?

Dr. D. S. Poonia
Psychiatrist 5 yrs exp Jaipur

Hi you are alcoholic or not depend on your evaluation and if you fulfilled the diagnostic criteria and then may be. But from you problem it appears that you are suffering from some psychiatric issues and using pills and alcohol as a self medication. If you continue same your psychiatric problem as well as habit of taking these may increase gradually and would become dependent on these. Don't waste your time and get evaluated by psychiatrist to manage your problem.