Milk allergy

My son was diagnosed with milk allergy when he was 6 months old. He had bloody diarrhoea, milk spit ups and eczema as well. Doctors were confused between infection and allergy. Rectal biopsy showed infective cells but symptoms were like milk allergy. Docs didnt confirm allergy or infection. He was treated with antibiotics and was put on soya milk and dairy free diet. All symptoms were gone after that.Now he is 1 year and we are planning to reintroduce cow milk. I am really scared and have no clue how to reintroduce milk. I need advice on how to proceed and what precautions to take?

Doctor Answers (1) on Milk allergy

Dr. Kalpesh Onkar Patil Pune | Pediatrician
Hi, if baby was diagnosed with milk allergy then I would like to suggest not to reintroduce milk again. Rather I would like to suggest you to investigate baby for all allergens to which baby is allergic so in future further chances of complications will be reduced. If you require any further help, can contact back for further evaluation. Regards. Dr.KP'S CHERUBS CHILD CLINIC