Mild chest pain

Last 3-4 weeks I am experiencing mild chest pain to be precise middle of the chest where the ribcage end, it sometimes pains while coughing, while sleeping on the stomach.. While driving I am wondering what's going on. Had been to a cycling event last month n that's all I can correlate to events. Cough has been an on an off thing I smoke regularly a pack or sometimes more a day.. Alcohol max 2 beers once or twice a week. A few friends indicated signs of gastric stomach may be Please suggest tests / cure.

Doctor Answers (3) on Mild chest pain

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Based on the history you have given you should know that there are so many causes which can result in chest pain like it can be heart related like blockage of blood vessels supplying the heart muscle or rupture of that vessels or heart valve issues or diseases affecting the outer covering of heart muscle etc. Other than this a person with anemia can have irregular heart rhythm and chest pain, a person wirh thyroid disorders presents with history of hearing ones own heart beating faster and can also complain of chest pain. Recent history of any trauma injuring the ribs can also lead to chest pain.Person with lung infection or fluid/ air collection in the covering of the lungs or blockage of blood vessels supplying the lung or occupational inhalation of certain pollutants leading to lung tissue damage can also have chest pain. Nowadays the most common cause of chest pain in young adults due to untimely eating habits is heart burn/ gastritis. There are instances where a person feels like having a heart attack which is actually a panic attack in extremes of stress, so a chest pain can be psychological also. All this things generally have symptoms of that particular systems in the body which has been affected apart from the chest pain. So kindly consult a physician to know about the exaxt cause regarding your symptom.
Dear Sir Chest Pain needs ECG and ECHO and Chest XRay for evaluation This cant be taken lightly and managed at home Please consult a Physician at the earliest
Dr. Tanoy Bose Kolkata | General Physician
It's likely that you may be suffering from of local pleural inflammation. A course of anti inflammatory drugs will suffice I hope. A Chest x ray is required. Consult a physician