Mild chest pain

Hey, I'm 24 and over the past year I've been getting these slight chest pains, they usually happen when I start to feel anxious, I loose control of myself and feel very panicky. They occur for a day or two, sometimes more but stop after that. In a month I keep getting them at least twice. Please suggest on what to do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Mild chest pain

Dr. Anjendra R Targe Pune | Psychiatrist
Hello,

Your symptoms indicate that you have been suffeirng from an anxiety disorder, most likely Panic disorder. Anxiety manifests with bodily symptoms often, once it crosses your tolerance threshold.

It is very difficult to pin point the cause for it, many times, but it has it's root in conflicts that we have in our mind. Since you have been experincing the symptoms since an year, you shouldn't ignore them any longer, since each day with anxiety, you are causing harm to your emotinal and physical self.

Therefore, you need therapy sessions, relaxation exercises, and possibly anti anxiety medication, which a Psychiatric professional will prescribe to you after a detailed consultation, in person.

Meanwhile, try to include some form of exercise in your daily routine. A sport, the gym, yoga, whatever you like doing.

Good Luck!