Mental disorder

My mother is afraid that anybody is going to hurt her children. She is thinking a lot of negative things. She hasn't slept for 2 days and is continuously thinking that something bad is going to happen.

Doctor Answers (1) on Mental disorder

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, in such cases I would generally prefer more details from my source such as, does she hear or see things which are not there? Has anything stressful happened in the past couple of months? How long has it been since her worries really started? However, from your description there could be a possibility of her being delusional (sort of paranoia) and there could be multiple factors triggering the anxiety. I would suggest to get in touch with a psychiatrist and start with anti-anxiety drugs as that would help regulate her eating and sleeping pattern. Ofcourse, along with that counseling would help to figure out the triggering factors. As a home remedy, the best would be to ask her to take deep breathes whenever she experiences panic and hold her hand as that would reassure her of security around her. I hope this helps and you can always get back to me for a follow up.