Menstruation

I used to have irregular menstrual cyle. Sometimes it starts in the beggining of the month and sometimes at the end. The days varies too much

Doctor Answers (1) on Menstruation

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Some times post menarche it takes long time to regularise the cycles...Your menstrual cycle is under hormonal control. The ovary usually releases one egg (ovulation) each month, and about two weeks after, the uterine lining sheds, resulting in menstruation. If the egg is fertilized, it is implanted into the uterus and menstruation does not occur. However, if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle...I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful.