Menstrual pain

I have been facing bad pain because of period. Pease advise the medication that I can take for menstrual pain.

Doctor Answers (1) on Menstrual pain

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello There are two primary types of these difficult or painful periods - primary and secondary dysmenorrhea:Primary dysmenorrhea is the most common type and is characterized by pain in the lower abdomen and lower back pain beginning 1-2 days before the period and lasting from 2-4 days. There is no underlying problem that is causing the Pain. Tab. Meftal - spas twice a day after food, when you have pain helps. Secondary dysmenorrhea is characterized by cramping pains that are due to an identifiable medical problem such as endometriosis, uterine fibroids, or pelvic inflammatory disease, anovulatory cycles like PCOS, Hormonal imbalance. Please consult a gynecologist for further workup.