Menstrual issue

Hi, from the past 2-3 years my periods aren't regular. I did take medicine earlier but due to that I gained weight like anything. Whole body was swollen types. Till the time I took medicines I was fine. But now again the same issue came. This year I did not that periods in February and then on March1st I got it. And now I haven't got my periods yet. This October I am getting married, so would really need help and suggestions. Some people are saying after my marriage it will be normals but m but afraid. Please guide and help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Menstrual issue

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
You may be having polycystic ovarian disease...Normally people with this will have anovlation (no egg release), oligomenorrhea (scanty periods) or even amenorrhea (no menstrual period). But it can also have symptoms like polymenorrhea means cycles occur too often as you are experiencing. For this you have to -continue your treatment for PCOS with drugs which regulate menstruation and induce ovulation, insulin sensitizers as given by your gynaecologist -try to reduce the weight and maintain your BMI in between 19 to 24. Do regular exercise to maintain the weight. -try to avoid worries as they will further increase the hormonal imbalance. -once ovulation occurs plan intercourse during that period which will increase the chances of fertilization. -In dietary modifications, You should decrease carbohydrate intake, take foods made-up of whole grains like whole wheat bread, Decrease fat intake and increase protein content. Take high fiber diet, fruits, vegetables but avoid starchy vegetables like potatoes. Take plenty of water avoid sugar drinks...I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.