Menstrual Cycle only 2day

Hi.I am in dying need of a gynecologist,actually exactly a year back i had taken contraceptive pill and it was just once in my whole life and after that month my periods become shorter and just last for 2 days. I usually had a good menstrual cycle lasting atleast for 5 days and now it is just 2 days. Someone told me to consult a gynecologist as i have a serious problem, please please i am in dying need of a reply.....tell me if i should visit a gynecologist and moreover how to answer if she ask about any contraceptive pill in front of my parents....PLEASE Every reply will be appreciated. Thank you in advance..

Doctor Answers (2) on Menstrual Cycle only 2day

Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Hi Practo user,  you r having shorter periods,  is it very scanty also? If it is a normal cycle of 2 days then its fine. With one cycle of conception mostly it does not happen.  If you gained wt in short interval,  hypothyroidism or any prolactin hormone prob may be any other hormonal imbalance also.check out all these or meet one gynaecologist.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
scanty periods has many possible causes...it may occur in women who have anemia i.e low haemoglobin levels,diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...it may be due to poly cystic ovarian disease as well... So I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.