Menses pcod issue

Hi. I have pco due to which I dint get my periods from 2months. This keeps happening sometimes it's regular and sometimes it happens at gaps. This is first time that it's taken so long. Can I take regestorne 5mg for 3 days morning and night? This was usually given by my doctor. I am unmarried girl.
views-icons 107 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Vijyaben Patel
Gynecologist 36 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Hi, you can take it, and get your period. But every time not necessary to take medicine if you are comfortable till you are unmarried.
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Regesterone can induce the bleeding  but cannot heal the hormone  imbalance.  Sorry to  inform  you  but you are walking  on the road of hormone  imbalances  which lead to period and fertility  issues in short term but serious  disorders  like diabetes,  blood  pressure,  autoimmune  thyroid  disease  and cancers in the long term.
Good news is that it can be totally  reversed if you choose to do so. If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem and heal it permanently ,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, Taking regestorne is fine but this will not help cure PCOS. Kindly visit a gynecologist for further evaluation and treatment. You can also visit my clinic, International Fertility Centre, located in New Delhi that offer varied fertility treatments for PCOS, Endometriosis and many more performed by skilled fertility specialists to help you have a joyful experience with us.
Dr. Prashant Kini
General Endocrinologist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
kindly start with a combination of metformin and spironolactone. they will help you in the long term with pcod.
Dr. Ratna Saha
Gynecologist 21 yrs exp Kolkata
Yes u can take Rejestrone tab.But it's not the treatment. U should consult a gynaecologist for treatment of pcos & regular period