Menses/implantation bleed

I want to know when does implantation bleeding exactly occur? On the net, it is saying that implantation bleeding occurs 6-10 after ovulation that is just before your periods so it's a bit confusing. My periods were late by a week and it came the flow was quite good(not THAT heavy) for two days, while at night it became less and on the 3rd day it was minimal. I took a pregnancy test on the 4th day, it was negative. Was this implantation bleeding or periods? I got intimate(without sex) with my boyfriend after my ovulation date.

Doctor Answers (2) on Menses/implantation bleed

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Since the pregnancy test result was negative, you are unlikely to become pregnant. Implantation bleeding occurs before menstrual bleeding. I would suggest visiting a gynaecologist for further evaluation and management. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further evaluation. We are a network of 14 clinics located across India and Nepal. Our clinic offers varied gynaecological treatments and services to help you have a successful treatment. You can mail your contact details to reach you.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....... If urine pregnancy test is negative you don't have to worry.. It's not pregnancy.. Implantation bleeding occurs before expected normal bleeding.. If you have taken post coital pills after sexual intercourse that could minimse bleeding ...consult gynaecologist for confirmation.