Melanin reduction

I have a friend who is very dark because of her genes. She would like to go through with melanin reduction procedure but in India it is not clear and people dont have knowledge about this procedure. What are the risks, side effects and the prices. please let me know what one has to do to get this done.

Doctor Answers (1) on Melanin reduction

Thanks for the query. This presentation can be seen with many skin diseases. The best option is to consult a Dermatologist in person to understand the problem and get it diagnosed. A proper treatment can then be started. Discuss the situation and hope it will be cleared in few weeks. Don't delay the appointment. Meet a Dermatologist for understanding the treatment plan, melanin reduction is a term used by Dermatologist for treating certain areas and there are various ways to achieve it. A Seasoned professional should help you with the problem and show realistic goals.