Medical abortion followup
My wife has undergone medical abortion one week back, she was 6 weeks pregnant when we went to the clinic, the gestational sac was lost on second day after taking mifepristone, she then was given misoprostol 400mcg thrice a days for three days, on third day the doctor did usg and said there is some remnant measuring 35*22*17 mm and doctor told to continue with misoprostol for another three days, she doesnt have fever excessive pain or any other adverse symptom, the doctor said if after this dose also if the remanant persists a D AND C is required, please guide me as to if this would be necessary , wont the debris come out naturally on its own? please help

Dr. Shyama Nivas
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Patna

If usg is showing rpoc then dnc is must.otherwise u will hv continuous spotting or on & off bleeding.