I masterbate once in month but after that i feel depress tense hopeless helpless low motivation proscrination in my study and work. Is masterbation harmful for psychological sexual physical life . I totally confused bcz i hear diff. Diff. view of doctors about mstrbtn few said its nothing wrong with mstrbtn and other said it totally forbidden / bad activity

Doctor Answers (1) on Masturbation

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... Masturbation now is regarded as a normal, healthy sexual activity that is pleasant, fulfilling, acceptable, and safe. It is a good way to experience sexual pleasure and can be done throughout life. Masturbation is only considered a problem when it inhibits sexual activity with a partner, is done in public, or causes significant distress to the person. It may cause distress if it is done compulsively or interferes with daily life and activities. Consult sex therapist...