Managing emotions

Its hard to pin point as to what to call my problem. For quite a long time, i have lost interest in almost all spheres of my life. At times i feel happy but it lasts for a very short period of time. I become sad on small small issues. It is affecting my professional life as well and this leads to frustration.

Doctor Answers (1) on Managing emotions

Dr. Shwetank Bansal
11 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hi. From what you've mentioned, you seem to be going through a depressive episode. While depression is something that is psychological in nature, it can often be merely a manifestation of certain physical issues such as hypothyroidism. Depression is best treated with a combination of psychotherapy and medication, but only after an evaluation to rule out other possible contributing factors. I advise you to consult a psychiatrist for the same. All the best. Take care. Dr. Shwetank Bansal, New Delhi www.BetterMeMentalHealth.com