Mallet finger
Hello sir my right hand finger has a problem 3year ago when I was playing cricket then ball hit on finger.after this 3 4 days swelling occurred but after the end of swelling my finger is little bend from top.i think that is mallet finger how to I treat this that is not pain but I m preparing for defence job and it will make problem in medical test plz help me what I do..
43 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹150 for 24 hrs

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Mallet finger can be corrected but the appraoch should be right and the treatment should be commenced as soon as possible.  You should have consulted a orthopedician back then so that he would have prescribed mallet splint which could have helped in your condition. As of now, you can go for surgical options but if it can be done would be determined by the orthopedician itself. Consult a orthopedician in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr.  Anil kumar jain. Bangalore
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?