Macular amyloids
I started getting dark patches on my forearms from past 6 months. I am using sunscreen SPF 30. What can I use to reduce or to get rid of it.

Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe
Dermatologist 11 yrs exp Pune
Hello, the pigmentation in macular amyloidosis is not due to increase in pigment cells but because of protein deposits in the deeper layer of your skin. With treatment you can expect it to reduce but it can take a long time to see appreciable results. Treatment can include topical medication, peels and lasers. General precautions to prevent it from worsening is avoiding scrubs, loofahs, or scratching the area. Continue using sunscreens at least twice a day irrespective of the climate. Hope this helps. Warm regards, Dr Pinanky Jadhav, Eternis clinic, Pune