M overweight 12kg,

Height 5'4", Weight 65 KG, High Cholesterol, Deficiency of B12, Vit. D. Survived Chickengunya viral. Without having solid diet i have put on weight. help me to control the weight and to overcome the weakness.

Doctor Answers (2) on M overweight 12kg,

Ms. Jasleen Chawla Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi there!
First you must overcome the weakness that had set in because of the viral and then focus on weight loss. You need to replenish your body with nutrients. Please have nutritious meals containing some amount of carbs as well. You can have variety of cereal flours like jowar, nachni, wheat, oats, include dried fruits and fresh fruits, skimmed milk, curds, lots of fresh green veggies and plenty of fluids like coconut water, nimbu pani and plain water. Try to have a small amount every 2 hours.
Hope you have consulted a physician for Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiency. These are extremely common and generally corrected with supplements.
Once you feel energetic and ready we can start with a weight loss program. You can contact any of us for the same.
Ms. Bipasha Das Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi I understand your concern. To overcome weakness and also to control your cholesterol levels as well as your b12 deficiency try to have this following foods in your diet, skimmed milk Tofu Soya products if you are a non-vegetarian then one egg, whole grain cereals like oats,jowar,barley,atta,brown rice. Good fats like walnuts almonds flax seeds.f fruits n fresh fruit juices.