Lump on back neck

My kid is 3yrs old, recently I found a bean sized lump back of her ear on neck, when asked my other parenting frnd said it could be a lymph node, its wasn't there a couple of days ago, its rubbery and found on both sides. what am I supposed to do. I dont know which system it comes under. Help!

Doctor Answers (2) on Lump on back neck

Dr. Parveen Chawla Faridabad | Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialist
if behind the ear lymph node is there than there is no worry at all ,if it enlarges in size than you might need to go for FNAC if the lymph node otherwise just keep an eye ,it will go by itself if ear infection is not there , avoid cleaning the ears regularly
avoid water entry into ear and avoid ear cleaning ,and avoid nose blowing
Dr. Pinaki Mazumder Kolkata | Otologist/ Neurotologist
Lymh node swelling in the neck and behind the ear is commonly due to viral or bacterial infection which will subside in a course of few weeks with or without treatment. If the swelling is accompanied by any other symptoms like fever, sweating, loss of appetite you should consult with an ENT and head and neck surgeon.