Lump comes at 1 Side Neck

When my daughter screams, laughs and cries a lump appears right side of throat. May I know what was the reasons. PFA of picture. Is it normal or something wrong?

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
Otologist/ Neurotologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

This condition is known as Pharyngeal Diverticulosis(Zenker's Diverticulum) wherein your daughter's throat has developed a defect creating a pouch which lies between the throat skin and constrictor muscle. This is commonly seen in musicians using wind instruments like clarinet and saxophone players who generate tremendous air pressures in mouth and throat when they play these instruments which exposes any anatomical defects in the constrictor muscle to push through the defect causing this diverticulum. She will require pharyngeal surgery to correct this condition.
Use this app to find me. Look at my appointment calendar and select an appropriate time and date to meet me and use the map link to locate my clinic Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar!