Lumbar spine problem

I am going through L.S problem form 2 years. already been treated for it. doctor is saying nerve is been compressed on left side of body. i am vry much in tension. it pains a lot. my ankle swells everytime. i cant walk much. i cant sleep with my left body touching on bed

Doctor Answers (2) on Lumbar spine problem

Dr. Chandan Mohanty Mumbai | Neurosurgeon
Hello. Sorry to hear this. Degenerative spinal disease is becoming an increasingly common problem.Earlier we used to see patients in their 50s, 60s with this problem but now more than half of my patients are in the age group of 20-30. It means that there is excessive wear and tear in your spine (like arthritis else where in the body).Unfortunately the nerves are in the vicinity and hence get compressed in the spine.Fortunately about 60-70% may be able to avoid surgery altogether but still about 30% patients end up getting the surgery. Please let me know your MRI report and I may be able to help you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, I understand your pain, I hope you have the power to bear the pain. This lumbar spondylitis is because of the calcium deficiency in your body. There is no security that it will improve even after supplementing calcium. This needs precautions like bending forwards, bearing weights, sleeping and sitting on floor. Thank you