LPP - Hyperpigmentation

I have LPP on neck face n limbs. It's been more than a year and it's been increasing. Face has become really dark. I don't have any lesions. It's just like hyper pigmentation. I'm using sunscreen everyday. I've started using undergoing photo therapy for the past two months. Till now I'm under 600mg NBUVB. but I don't feel this is helping me. My existing pigmentation has become darker and skin has become drier. Very dry in fact I feel I can see wrinkles :( Is there a solution like home remedy? Should I apply sunscreen when I go for morning jogging from 7 to 7:30 AM ??? Cos doctor has told me to avoid sun. Is there any treatment without side effects to improve my face complexion n skin condition?? Please advise.

Doctor Answers (1) on LPP - Hyperpigmentation

Dr. D.P. Jayanth Mysore | Dermatologist
Has your skin diagnosis of LPP been proved by skin biopsy ? Continue sunscreen as advised. 10 am to 4 pm is the maximum UV exposure in sunlight. So, you need not use sunscreen before 9.30 am. Consult a dermatologist for a sunscreen in the morning and a bleaching cream at night. A few combinations have to be tried for good complexion. It may take a few months. I am not sure about phototherapy and its utility for you- since diagnosis is not confirmed. Some centres do laser skin toning (Spectra). That is an option for you too.