Lower Back Pain

I got unconscious one day and fell down. From that day onward, I have a strange back pain in the lower part. And this pain has never left since then. If I sleep in straight posture for a long time, it pains badly. After a hectic day, it pains to get my back straight for once. If I travel or exert myself, then sometimes I feel a swelling in the lower back portion and my feet swell up too. What do I do ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Lower Back Pain

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...., Use proper body mechanics: Stand smart. Maintain a neutral pelvic position. If you must stand for long periods, place one foot on a low footstool to take some of the load off your lower back. Alternate feet. Good posture can reduce the stress on back muscles. Sit smart. Choose a seat with good lower back support, armrests and a swivel base. Consider placing a pillow or rolled towel in the small of your back to maintain its normal curve. Keep your knees and hips level. Change your position frequently, at least every half-hour.