Low sugar in pregnancy

I m taking novarapid forty-twenty four-twenty eight and Livemer 18 units in night (presently) as priscribed by my physician n I m 8 week pregnant but my sugar level often fall down in night. My doctor has reduce my insulin levimer from 30 to 18 units but still it is falling down. Why this happens?

Doctor Answers (2) on Low sugar in pregnancy

Dr. Panchani Surat | Gynecologist
hi good evening
thnxs for your Que.
my advise is u have to keep in touch with your consulting gynecologist and physician .
regular sugar monitoring and good control is must during pregnancy
because in pregnancy your anti diabetic drugs and insulin does may be change according to your sugar level
if any quary ask me on  itsmedrdarshan@gmail.com
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello madam, Frequent low blood sugar is common complaint in patients taking insulin. Some times it is life threatening too. But can be avoided by taking simple measures like, not skipping any meals after you take insulin (most important), reducing the dose of insulin you needed (pregnancy alters the immunity which may improve or worsen your underlying condition thus altering dose of insulin is necessary) that your doctor have done, and your growing fetus use up your glucose, so you need to eat relatively more or have to reduce your insulin dose less. it happens more in night because you are in relative fasting state whole night for almost 12hr. Nothing to worry, needing less insulin dose is actually good. talk to your doctor he will titrate the dose for you.