cancer-icon
Low platletscount.
Hi, my aunt has been diagnosed with gallbladder cancer (stage 4B) and after first chemo her platlets count is 25000. The doctors have refused to go with chemo until the platlets are normal. They have given a tablet to her to bring the count to normal. Is there anything else that can be done ? Like blood transfusion to increase the count. Please let me know. Thanks !!

Dr. Shubham Jain
Surgical Oncologist 5 yrs exp Delhi

No, nothing additional can be done from your end, just be patient and wait. The outlook of the disease is anyways poor, so no benefit of being very aggressive
Medical Oncologist 4 yrs exp Mumbai
Wait till she get good platelet to start chemotherapy. Some patients usually have let bone marrow recovery.