Low platlets count
My father was asked to do blood test before tooth extaction. His platelets count came as 60000, was asked to consult physician. Was asked to take all blood test and ultrasound of spleen & stop clopitab which he was taking. All blood test came normal including ultrasound.x ray. Went for another platelets count after 10 days of stopping clopitab it was again 60000. Now have been asked to do bone marrow aspiration and biopsy test. Are there any medicine to increase platelets count. Father is healthy with No other problem. Should i go for bone marrow aspiration and biopsy test. Please advise

Hello there. I can understand your concern. 60000 platelets is very low. The cause of this needs to be found out. Yes you should definitely go for the suggested tests. Once all known causes are ruled out only then it can be labelled as idiopathic. No surgical procedure can be allowed till the platelets are restored due to their high tendency to bleed too much. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Raghavendra Reddy
Consultant Physician 9 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hi dont worry low platelet count aggravates bleeding in surgical condition some times its idiopathic reason is unknown unless he has an episode of bleeding from gums or any other intervention is needed .
consult hematologist