Low breast milk supply

Hi i m 31 yr old delivered my baby girl 1st march 2015 i hv had difficult breastfeeding journey. Now my breast milk has almost stopped. Is it possible to increase the supply at this time and will it b useful
views-icons 76 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Low breast milk supply

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Lack of sleep is really rough on your milk production. If you can, take a “nursing vacation.” Cut back on outside commitments, and spend a couple of days doing as little as possible other than relaxing with your baby, resting, eating, and nursing. While stress may not curb milk production, it can hamper your let-down reflex (which releases milk into your milk ducts) and make it harder for your baby to get what she needs. Take care of yourself so that you're at your best for your baby.  If you get dehydrated, you'll make less milk. It’s easy to get busy and distracted with a baby, so keep a bottle of water with you,  To maintain your milk supply and your own health, if you’re exclusively breastfeeding, you need to get about 300 to 500 calories per day more than what you needed to keep your pre-pregnancy weight. Breast massage can help to boost the volume and fat content of your milk.these are general measures ,if milk production decreases in breast infection , some medication , harmonal variation etc .. In Tate case consult gynaecologist