Loose motion

Suffering from loose motion from last two days . The stool is not watery but it is full of mucus. I am to go 4-5 times . Also there is little pain in the stomach.

Doctor Answers (2) on Loose motion

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Based on your complains it looks like you are having a diarrhoea or parasitic etiology most common of which is amoebiasis. Drink lots of water, ORS, avoid oily, spicy and re cooked foods. Keep all the food covered and store them properly. Wash your hands before food and every time you go to the toilet. Avoid eating outside. Tab. Ciplox-tz twice a day for 3 days will get rid of everything that you have. Cap. Darolac half an hour before food will replenish all the gut bacteria. Consult a general physician in person for further management if it still persists. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...it looks like you are suffering from acute gastroenteritis. Eat only home food, especially curd rice. Drink plenty of fluids. Avoid spicy and outside junk foods. Eat regularly. Take pantoprazole 40mg once in the morning half hour before your breakfast. You can take a probiotic with lactobacillus twice daily after food. If the loose stools doesn't come under control with probiotics, then might need to be started on oral antibiotics like norfloxacin, tinidazole. So kindly consult a general surgeon for further evaluation.