Loose motion and vomiting
My mother yesterday ate at a party and later at night she was vomiting and have watery loose motions. She was also feeling very weak and dizzy. What medicine and dose should we give to her?
3085 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Arunabha Das
General Physician 5 yrs exp Darjeeling
Firstly,ORS to be taken on demand. 1st one litre of ORS to be given within 3-4hrs for some dehydration, and than follow up with rest ORS whenever she requires. Tab Norflox 400mg 1tab twice daily after food for 5days, tab. Metrogyl 400mg 1tab thrice daily for 3days. Capsule Econorm 1cap once daily for 3days. Tab Pantodac-DSR 1tab twice daily before food for 5days. Inj ZOFER 8MG i.v stat and s.o.s for vomiting. Secondly Blood for Na+, K+, Fasting Blood Glucose. Urine for R/E. Thirdly, check pulse, Blood pressure and temperature regularly. If your mother looks dehydrated severly, it needs to be corrected quickly by giving i.v fluids.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
0/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?

This question featured in :

Loose motion tablet name
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.