Liver hemangioma .

Hello Doctor . my friend has liver hemangioma problem. She had done blood test and ctscan of body .her  liver has small tumor. She has low sugar also . so plz help me.
views-icons 179 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Liver hemangioma .

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Liver hemangioma (he-man-jee-O-muh) is a noncancerous (benign) mass that occurs in the liver. A liver hemangioma is made up of a tangle of blood vessels.
Most people who have a liver hemangioma never experience signs and symptoms and don't need treatment.

If a liver hemangioma grows large enough to push on nearby structures in your abdomen, it can cause signs and symptoms and may signal that you need treatment. Liver hemangioma treatment depends on your situation, such as the location and size of the hemangioma, whether you have more than one hemangioma, your overall health, and your preferences.

Treatment options may include:

Surgery to remove the liver hemangioma. If the hemangioma can be easily separated from the liver, your doctor may recommend surgery to remove the mass.

Surgery to remove part of the liver, including the hemangioma. In some cases, surgeons may need to remove a portion of your liver along with the hemangioma.

Procedures to stop blood flow to the hemangioma. Without a blood supply, the hemangioma may stop growing or shrink. Two ways to stop the blood flow are tying off the main artery (hepatic artery ligation) or injecting medication into the artery to block it (arterial embolization).
Consult surgeon....