Lips problem

I have exfoliative chelitis since 10 years now it is a condition where both top and bottom lips peels everyday in abnormal cycle leaving my lips extremely red and inflammed I have been diagnosed with steroid creams and lots of medications but nothing seemed to help so please any doctorwho can help me to cure this lips.

Doctor Answers (1) on Lips problem

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
You have to wait for your lips to naturally heal. Medications will only give temporary relief. Try not to touch or resist the urge to bite or repeatedly lick your lips because of the dryness. U can use plain white soft paraffin to reduce the appearance of flaking. Beeswax is supposed to be less allergic that even paraffin. Try to avoid any of the commercially available lipbalms. Try to identify if you are stressed out. Treatment is only supportive moisturiser creams till it subsides. Ask someone who stays with you to observe if you lick or pick your lips often when you don't realise it. This is a difficult problem to treat actively. It is one of the things where we have to leave the affected area to get better on its own. For now you can use moisturex soft cream(white soft paraffin) 3 to 4 times a day. If you can get plain beeswax that is the best or you could use Sebamed lip balm that contains beeswax. If there is some stress or anxiety appropriate treatment for that helps as well.