Lipomacitis

I have been suffering from multiple lipomas at different locations on my body so I request you to please suggest me if I get them operated would they be increased as they are of no harm tested in the lab

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Lumps in the skin are not uncommon in general population. Any lump should be taken seriously and merits a consultation. In case it is painful and increasing in size, it requires urgent medical attention. Consider meeting a Dermatologist or surgeon for physical examination and if needed a fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) or skin biopsy can be done to ascertain the nature of this lump. Skin biopsy will be both diagnostic and therapeutic as well. It will be very comforting to know the diagnosis and will help to make precise treatment plan.
Sometimes after a consultation and biopsy, active treatment may not be needed but periodic follow-up is all that may be necessary. Hope it helps.
Dr. Ramakant H. Bembde
Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon 22 yrs exp Aurangabad (BH)
Lipomas on visible parts of body can be removed and sent for histopathology by Plastic surgeon.