Lipoma Treatment
My mother has got a lump hanging from the right thigh, it has increased in the size of small tomato. After walking for long it touches the other thigh and it pains sometimes.After researching I got to know its lipoma. Please let me know the treatment also is it need to be operated. Looking for an expert opinion.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Lumps in the skin are not uncommon in general population. Any lump should be taken seriously and merits a consultation. In case it is painful and increasing in size, it requires urgent medical attention. Consider meeting a Dermatologist or surgeon for physical examination and if needed a fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) or skin biopsy can be done to ascertain the nature of this lump. It will be very comforting to know the diagnosis and will help to make precise treatment plan. Sometimes after a consultation and biopsy, active treatment may not be needed but periodic follow-up is all that may be necessary. Do not delay the consultation. Hope it helps.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Meet a Dermatologist.