Lime(chuna) in pregnancy
Good evening mam/sir, My wife is pregnant for 16 weeks now. I read somewhere that consuming Limestone(chuna) with pomegranate juice is very good for infant. It gives immunity to the foetus and helps in better development. Kindly guide me, should she consume it ? If yes, then in what quantity? Thank you

Dr. Aarti Kulkarni
General Physician 9 yrs exp Thane

As calcium absorption is more in acidic medium that's why pomegranate juice. So you can take your calcium carbonate tablets along with citrus or pomegranate juice or with meals. Calcium citrate can be taken empty stomach.
Dr. Shyama Nivas
Gynecologist 9 yrs exp Patna

No need to take chuna etc in pregnancy.as you are already taking calcium tabs. its old method ti hv chuna and all ....as previously medicines were not freely available.kindly consult ur gynaec....