Ligament Injury

Do I need to go for Ligament Surgery with MRI report described earlier. Is there any other alternative option available.

Pankaj Agrawal
Orthopedist of Superior Extremity 15 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Hi dear please share your mri report.. Because MCL ligament in my practice heals completely in 95 percent without surgery.. But acl requires mostly require surgery..Pl give us details .we can help you.regards drpankaj agrawal .shoulder knee and joints clinic ahmedabad
Dr. Shekhar Chandrakant Jambure (PT)
Cardiovascular And Pulmonary Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

Sir all ligament injuries don't require surgery... Ligament tears are graded in 3 categories.. Grade1. Less than 25% of fibres of ligament torn. Grade 2. 25 to 75% fibres are torn. Grade3. Complete rupture. Out of these 3, grade 3 being complete rupture requires immediate surgery.. The other two grades are first attempted to manage conservatively. That's with medicines and physio and rehab exercises. Only if conservative line of treatment fails then you have to go for surgery. A word of caution: the paradox of ligament injuries is that grade 1 and 2 have mild to moderate swelling with moderate to severe pain, but the grade 3 being complete rupture will present with big swelling but there may be no pain at all... Because pain mostly arises when the ligament that's injured get streched . in case of complete rupture both ends of torn ligaments are moving free so no stretch and no pain, but that doesn't mean than injury is trivial. Thus even if you have milder pain get your screening done.
Dr. Ruchika Bhargava (PT)
Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. I don't read your previous notes here. Can you elaborate or scan a picture of your MRI report.Also details about how injury occurred, your profession and what treatment and exercise you followed or continuing. That should help in guiding you.
Dr. Suchita K Taparia
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 6 yrs exp Noida
Hello dear...less than gread 3 ligament injury will be treated by physiotherapy completely...but injury in gread 3 or more plz go for surgery....thanks