Lesions on corner of lips

I have developed some lesions on both corner of the lips. These are in the form of cuts and it pains while opening the mouth. It is confined to both the corners only. Its been months that i have this problem and its reoccuring. Please suggest something.

Doctor Answers (1) on Lesions on corner of lips

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician

I hope you're not in too much pain.

Usually lesions occur at the angles of mouth opening because if the nutrient deficiency like iron and vitamin B12 and also may occur due to viral infections. But infections associate with high grade fever and chills.
If its not happening gateway then it might be because of iron and vitamin B12 def.
Kindly have 2 eggs per day, leafy vegetables as a pert of diet daily so that you can get enough of the nutrients but before that you need need to see a general physician in order to know the exact cause of your problem as I have discussed possibilities only.

Thank you.