Leg pain and swelling

Hi, I have got hurt to leg, after few days it started to swell. I had showed with the doctor. Dr informed to take nucoxia p tablet.. Will it really works.. Where that tablet is antibiotics or no??

Hello, its not antibiotics ,its NSAID ( non steroidal anti inflammatory drug) used as pain killer in joint pain... If it's mild trauma ,pain subside in 3-4 days.. If it's bone fracture or ligament tear pain continues to be there for long period ,, you get an x Ray and consult orthopedic doctor.
Dr. Tanushree Vedi
Physiotherapist 4 yrs exp Faridabad
Hi with an NSAID, ice application will also help you to get a relief from swelling and pain, provided it's not an open wound!! And from future if you have a blunt trauma or injury which doesn't involve open wound you can apply ice as a preventive measure and then show it to a doc if required!! Get well soon!